- is an independent, charitable organisation focusing on learning and development opportunities for the Health and Social care Sector
- is particularly committed to ensuring access to training, education, CPD, qualifications at all levels for all organisations, staff and individuals .
- through its active networks, attempts to ensure that there is both consistency and quality of training and assessment within occupational areas and attempts to achieve its objectives through a diverse rang of activities to meet individual needs and aspirations.
- believes a collective independent voice can influence training, development and practice more than lone individual voices.
- acts as a link between existing training and education providers, care services, commissioners, people who use services and carers on a local, regional and national basis. Providing information, CPD updates and development opportunities, acting as a stimulus for debate and discussion on issues affecting training, education and development across the sectors it represents.
- holds an annual conference which acts as a forum for providing information relative to all aspects of the sector workforce. This is by a selection of relevant workshops, access to a wide range of resources, opportunities to network, share good practice and ideas. Also practical solutions to enable delegates to return to their organisations with working tools which can then be implemented or disseminated directly into the working environment. Raise awareness of the direction of travel for the Health and Social Care sector
- participates in local and national committees as a voice for employers, individuals and organisations delivering training, education and qualifications. This includes work with Sector Skills Councils, Awarding Organisations, and all Key stakeholders
Join ACTAN today and:
- influence strategic developments in your particular sector ensuring that the views of the individuals who receive services and those who deliver them are listened to.
- keep up to date with the web site, with developments, initiatives, consultations and ongoing business opportunities.
Receive regular CPD updates from the Health & Social Care sector. Regular updates on developments, initiative consultations and Government policy briefings.
Influence training, development and practice by being part of a collective independent voice.
Have access to local and national committees as a voice for employers, individuals and organisations delivering training and qualifications (including work with Skills for Care, Awarding Bodies and other professional organisations).
Build an information bank for colleagues and peers to support development of resources and training materials.
Save time developing resources by sharing ideas and finding out what works plus standardisation exercises.
Reduced rates to the Annual Conference and events. Support business planning and sustainability by being aware of new initiatives.
Direct access to local and national networks of professions within the sector.
Network with other like minded people involved in the same type of health, social care and training activities and the promotion and use of Occupational Standards.
Access to Frequently Asked Questions and Answers. Share successes, innovations and concerns with others.
Share successful resolutions to problematic operational matters.
Opportunity to join the Exec and influence ACTAN’s development.
*To access all these benefits you must purchase a membership plan after signup.
|Student||£15.00 per Year.||Select|
|Individual||£60.00 per Year.||Select|
|Corporate||£110.00 per Year.||Select|