- Is an independent, charitable organisation focusing on learning and development opportunities for the Health and Social care Sector
- Is particularly committed to ensuring access to training, education, CPD, qualifications at all levels for all organisations, staff and individuals .
- Through its active networks, attempts to ensure that there is both consistency and quality of training and assessment within occupational areas and attempts to achieve its objectives through a diverse rang of activities to meet individual needs and aspirations.
- Believes a collective independent voice can influence training, development and practice more than lone individual voices.
- Acts as a link between existing training and education providers, care services, commissioners, people who use services and carers on a local, regional and national basis. Providing information, CPD updates and development opportunities, acting as a stimulus for debate and discussion on issues affecting training, education and development across the sectors it represents.
- Holds an annual conference which acts as a forum for providing information relative to all aspects of the sector workforce. This is by a selection of relevant workshops, access to a wide range of resources, opportunities to network, share good practice and ideas. Also practical solutions to enable delegates to return to their organisations with working tools which can then be implemented or disseminated directly into the working environment. Raise awareness of the direction of travel for the Health and Social Care sector
- Participates in local and national committees as a voice for employers, individuals and organisations delivering training, education and qualifications. This includes work with Sector Skills Councils, Awarding Organisations, and all Key stakeholders