- Is an independent, charitable organisation focusing on learning, educational and continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities for the Health and Social Care Sector
- Believes a collective independent voice can influence training, development and practice more than lone individual voices.
- Through its active networks, acts as a link between existing training and education providers, care services, commissioners, people who use services and carers on a local, regional and national basis.
- Acts as a stimulus for debate and discussion on issues affecting training, education and practice development across the sectors it represents.
- Participates in local and national committees as a voice for employers, individuals and organisations delivering training, education and care services. This includes work with Sector Skills Councils, Awarding Organisations, and all Key stakeholders.